In this article, you will learn How to Remove Back of Ashley Recliner Sofa. You may need to remove the back of your Ashley recliner sofa at some point. Maybe you’re moving and need to take it apart to fit it through the door, or maybe you need to access the frame to fix a broken spring. Whatever the reason, removing the back of an Ashley recliner sofa is not a difficult task. Here’s how you do it.
Steps on How to Remove Back of Ashley Recliner Sofa
1. First, remove any cushions or pillows that are attached to the back of the sofa. Set them aside in a safe place.
2. Next, locate the two screws that are holding the back of the sofa in place. These screws are usually located at the bottom of the backrest, near where it meets the seat of the sofa.
3. Using a screwdriver, remove these two screws and set them aside with the cushions or pillows.
4. Now, Gently pull the backrest away from the seat of the sofa. It should come free easily since it’s only held in place by those two screws. If it seems stuck, check to see if any other screws are holding it in place.
5. If everything looks clear, try gently wiggling the backrest until it comes free.
6. Once you have removed the backrest, you will be able to see all of the inner workings of the sofa, including the frame and springs.
7. To reattach the backrest, simply reverse these steps. Screw the back into place using the two screws, then reattach any cushions or pillows removed.
8. That’s it! You’ve now successfully removed and replaced the back of your Ashley recliner sofa.
How to remove the back of a recliner sofa
Tools You Will Need
– A Phillips head screwdriver
– A flathead screwdriver (optional)
– A friend (optional)
1. First, you will need to locate the screws that hold the back of the sofa on. There are typically four screws, one at each corner of the back panel. In some cases, these screws may be hidden by a decorative cover. If so, gently pry off the cover with a flathead screwdriver to reveal the screw heads beneath.
2. Once you have located all four screws, use your Phillips head screwdriver to remove them. Be sure to keep track of where each screw came from so that you can put them back in the same place when it’s time to reassemble the sofa.
3. With the screws removed, the back panel should now be loose. If you have a friend to help, they can hold onto it while you remove the rest of the back panels. If you’re working alone, set the panel aside in a safe place where it won’t get damaged.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each of the remaining back panels until they are all removed.
5. That’s it! Now you can move your sofa without worrying about damaging the back panels, or reach behind it to clean with ease. Just be sure to save all of the screws so that you can put everything back together when you’re finished.
How do you take apart a reclining couch for moving?
1. Remove all the cushions from the sofa. These will usually just lift off, but if they’re attached, you can use a screwdriver to loosen the screws. Set the cushions aside in a safe place.
2. Open up the recliner mechanism by pulling on the handle. Some handles will unscrew, so if yours does, remove it and set it aside with the screws. If the handle is attached with clips, use a screwdriver or pliers to disconnect it. Once the mechanism is open, locate the retaining pin—this is what holds the back of the sofa in place.
3. Use a screwdriver or pliers to remove the retaining pin. With the pin removed, you should be able to lower the back of the sofa until it’s lying flat against the seat cushion.
4. Unscrew any bolts or screws that are holding the arms of the sofa in place, and then remove them. The arms should now be loose, so carefully detach them from the rest of the sofa and set them aside. You may need someone to help you with this step if the arms are heavy.
5. Detach the legs of the sofa by unscrewing any bolts or screws that are holding them in place. Depending on your sofa model, the legs may be attached with brackets, which can be pried off with a screwdriver or pliers. Remove all four legs and set them aside with the other pieces.
6. Lastly, detach any remaining bolts or screws holding the seat cushion in place and lift it off of the frame. You should now have all five pieces of your disassembled reclining sofa—the two arms, backrest, seat cushion, and frame with legs—ready for transport or storage.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to remove back of Ashley recliner Sofa. This process is relatively simple and only requires a few easy steps. Once you’ve done it a few times, it will become second nature and you’ll be able to do it in no time at all!